Ready for a better checking account?
Power Protected Checking includes up to $1,800 mobile phone protection2, 24/7 zero copay telehealth3* for you and your family, plus so much more. For only $9 per month, you can open an account with a full suite of benefits for an unbelievable value.
Up to $1,800 Phone Protection2
Help protect yourself from the expense of repairing a broken phone or replacing a stolen one with up to $1,800 of coverage for any phone on your plan (up to two $900 claims per 12-month period, $50 deductible per claim applies.)
Zero Copay Telehealth3*
Feeling a bit under the weather? Access healthcare professionals 24/7 with zero copays. Consult with a US-based doctor 24/7 for urgent care or mental health for you and your family, plus discounts on prescriptions.
Daily Credit Monitoring*
New online banking and mobile app links enable you to view credit monitoring alerts and access your credit report and score4* on a daily basis with a few clicks of a button.
24/7 Roadside Assistance2*
Take your next road trip worry-free. Roadside assistance covers up to $100 per occurrence for vehicle towing, fuel, oil, fluid/water delivery, battery, lock-out, and tire assistance. Max of 2 occurrences per 12-month period.
Up to $1M ID Theft Expense Reimbursement5
With the ever-present threat of hackers and identity thieves, we understand the need for robust protection. Get the support you need to help recover from the costly expenses associated with restoring your identity.
Fill Up on Fuel Savings6*
Save money at the pump with fuel discounts at participating Shell stations. Save five cents per gallon by entering your phone number at the pump.
Save at thousands of restaurants, attractions, hotels, car rentals, and airlines. Plus enjoy discounts at local businesses in your hometown. Redeem and print coupons online or access discounts from your smartphone. Digital Access makes saving super easy and convenient, giving you instant savings anywhere, and anytime.
Solicitation Manager aids you in opting out of third-party solicitations such as pre-approved credit card offers, telemarketing calls, commercial mail, and coupons.
High Risk Transaction Monitoring*
Alerts are sent to warn you if someone is using your identity to conduct a high risk transaction at hundreds of participating banks, brokerages, payment services, cellular providers, insurance companies, retailers, and more. Alerts may include new accounts, password resets, name and/or address changes, and funds transfers.
Fully Managed ID Theft Resolution Services
Should you become a victim of identity theft, a dedicated fraud specialist will walk you through the recovery process and assist you until your credit and identity are restored.
Free Banking Services
Order official checks, money orders, and domestic wire transfers free of charge.
Earn Interest7 on Your Balance
Federally insured by NCUA. Membership eligibility required.
1) For complete product details, refer to the linked SSFCU disclosures below and the applicable terms and conditions, Guide to Benefits and/or insurance documents for the relevant benefits.
2) Mobile Phone Protection: up to $900 maximum coverage per claim, $50 deductible applies. Two claims per 12-month period. 24/7 Roadside Assistance: up to $100 per occurrence, two occurrences per 12 month period. Refer to Guide to Benefits for complete details of coverage and exclusions.
3) Available for the accountholder and their spouse/domestic partner and up to six (6) dependent children age 2 and older. This is not insurance.
4) Credit score is a VantageScore 3.0 based on TransUnion data. Third parties may use a different type of credit score to assess your creditworthiness.
5) The Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement benefit is underwritten and administered by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, an Assurant company, under group or blanket policies issued to Policyholder or its respective affiliates for the benefit of its members. Please refer to the Guide to Benefit and actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions. Insurance Products are not insured by the NCUA or any Federal Government Agency; not a deposit of or guaranteed by the credit union or any credit union affiliate.
6) Restrictions apply. Go to FuelRewards.com for details. Power Protected members who activate this offer will receive extended Gold Status at participating Shells.
7) Interest refers to dividends.
† Security Service Power Protected Checking is a Blended Rate Tier account, which means the dividend rate noted above will only be paid on the portion of your daily balance within each Balance Tier. Depending on the balance in the account, the annual percentage yield (APY) will fall within the range listed. For example, if you have $23,000 in your account, you will earn .05% on the first $9,999.99 and .10% on the next $13,000.01. The highest APY is calculated based on a balance of $250,000.
†† APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APY is accurate as of 9/22/23. Rates are variable and subject to change without notice.