Youth Savings Account
Encourage your children to start saving money at an early age by introducing them to Security Service Federal Credit Union. A Youth Savings Account establishes your child’s membership with the credit union and builds good savings habits for their future.
Benefits of the Youth Savings Account
Children benefit from interest on their savings accounts and earn some of the best child savings account interest1 rates in Utah, Colorado, and Texas.
- Start building your child's savings with as little as $52
- No monthly service fees
- No minimum account balance fees
- Interest1 accrues daily & pay monthly
- Account evolves with the member
- Available to children under 18 years old who qualify for membership
- Parents: As a joint owner, you will have complete access to your child's savings account
Want to Teach Your Teen More Financial Responsibility?
Consider introducing your child to our Security Service Power Youth Checking Account.
|Product||Dividend Rate% †||APY% ††|
- "Interest" referenced in the context of this page refers to "dividends."
- Every member must open and maintain a share account (either a Security Service Basic Savings Account or a Youth Savings Account) with a $5 balance in order to join Security Service Federal Credit Union.
† This Security Service Federal Credit Union Current Dividend Rates disclosure is incorporated as a part of and in addition to the All About Your Security Service Consumer Accounts brochure, the Security Service Truth in Savings Disclosure, and the Fee Schedule for Deposit Accounts. Please refer to these items for additional terms, conditions and limitations which may be associated with your specific account(s).
†† APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APY is accurate as of 11/1/22. The Dividend Rate and APY may change without notice at the discretion of the Security Service Federal Credit Union Board of Directors. Fees may reduce earnings on your account. Contact an employee for further information or to obtain current rate information at 1.888.415.7878.