Affected by Winter Weather?
Freezing weather can cause damage to your home, property, or apartment. If you were impacted, we want to help you quickly file your insurance claim.
Tips and Advice for Extreme Weather
What Should I Do if My Pipes Froze?
- Locate and close the main water shutoff valve before temperatures rise above freezing.
- Open all faucets, including those outside, to drain remaining water from pipes.
- As temperatures increase above freezing, watch and listen for signs of water leaks.
Which Pipes Are Most at Risk?
Pipes that are most exposed to the elements, including those outdoors and along the exterior walls of your home, such as:
- Outdoor hose hookups and faucets
- Swimming pool supply lines
- Lawn sprinkler lines
- Unheated, interior pipes such as attics, garages, and cabinets
- Pipes running along exterior walls with no insulation
Security Service Insurance (SSI) is a subsidiary of Security Service Federal Credit Union. Products offered by SSI are not insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and are not issued, guaranteed, or underwritten by Security Service or the NCUA.